- Cream the butter and sugar until soft. Add in the vanilla and almond extracts. Add in the eggs one at a time until mixed well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the flour mixture and sour cream alternately to the butter mixture. Start and end with the flour.
- Grease 2 cake rounds, 9x13 cake pan or bundt pan and spread the batter in evenly. Sprinkle the cake with a good amount of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. OR if using the bundt pan put the cinnamon/sugar mixture into the pan and then sprinkly more on the top after the batter is in.
- Bake the rounds or 9x13 for about 22 minutes in a 350 degree oven. The bundt pan needed 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing.
Personally, i think this cake could be perfectly fine without frosting but if you gotta have it, a simple butter cream works well.
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks softened butter
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
Cream the Sugar, Butter and Vanilla together. Add the milk and beat until smooth.